The recent protests that our nation is experiencing has led many of us to question where to begin in fighting racism in our own field of English Language Teaching. How do we move from awareness to action? How do we ensure that we have a plan in place so we don’t risk becoming complacent and allowing injustice to continue? In this special episode of DIESOL, we sit down with JPB Gerald, language, race, and whiteness scholar, and host of the Unstandardized English podcast to discuss these uncomfortable questions that we cannot ignore if we truly want to change the status quo.
- Worth the Risk: Towards Decentering Whiteness in English Language Teaching by JPB Gerald Hunter College CUNY – published by BC TEAL in Canada
- Combatting the altruistic shield in English language teaching. in NYS TESOL Journal
- Unstandardized English Podcast
- The Ezel Project
- Equity in Action by
- Ixchell – Spacefem’s Mnemonic Generator: Generate an acrostic (sentence) to help you remember something.
- Brent – Trader Joe’s Chili & Garlic Cashews
- JPB – Swindled Podcast